9.09.2017

RIP Jerry Pournelle

It's always a tragedy when we lose a great of science fiction, especially one who, but all accounts, never let politics or disagreements with others stop him from giving a helping hand it was needed.

I'm not going to pretend that I read any of his books or that I'm going to add any to my TBR pile just because he died (personally, I never liked the idea of reading an author's books just because they died, too ghoulish), but that's not going to stop me from raising a glass to his memory and his contributions to the genre we all love.

Rest in peace, sir.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a fan of Pournelle for years and wished he'd gone back to add more to his stories. Alas, that will never be so. Read his solo works, I found them inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...